Bithumb Support Phone Number - +1-805-262-7025
- In June 2017 hackers stole user information from a Bithumb employee's personal computer.
- In January 2018 Bithumb was raided by the government for alleged tax evasion.They were found not guilty but still had to pay nearly $28 million in back taxes.
- In June 2018 about $32 million of cryptocurrency was stolen from Bithumb in a hack.
- In October 2018 BK Global Consortium signed a deal to buy a majority share of BTC Holding Co. which is Bithumb's largest investor.
- In January 2019 30 out of 340 total Bithumb employees were laid off in response to declining trading volume and profits in 2018.
- On January 22, 2019, OTC-listed holding company Blockchain Industries signed a binding letter of intent to merge with Bithumb on or before March 1, 2019. The plan is to form a new publicly traded entity called the Blockchain Exchange Alliance (BXA) that would ‘up-list’ on either the New York Stock Exchange or NASDAQ and make BXA the first major cryptocurrency exchange to go public.
- On March 29, 2019, Bithumb said that it was hacked. It pointed its fingers at insiders. Nearly $20 million worth of EOS and Ripple tokens were estimated to have been stolen.
- On April 11, 2019, Bithumb announced a net loss of KRW205.5 billion (US$180 million) in 2018, a sharp turnaround from the KRW427.2 billion profit in 2017, despite 2018's sales rising 17.5% to KRW391.7 million. The company blamed the loss on the sharp decline in the price of cryptocurrencies and reduced trading volume.